Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.1 install problem
To: NetBSD <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bert Saenen <Bert.Saenen@skynet.be>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/18/2001 02:16:53
on 18/9/01 12:35 am, Makoto Fujiwara at makoto@ki.nu wrote:

> From: Bert Saenen <Bert.Saenen@skynet.be>
>
> Bert> When I try to extract the NetBSD distribution sets I have to tell
> sysinst
> Bert> where they reside, so I choose "installation from an unmounted
> filesystem"
> Bert> (i.e. the 2Gb hfs+ partition); device = wd0e; filesystem = hfs+;
> direcory =
>
> I don't think you can do that. Unmounted Filesystem should be
> NetBSD aware stuff, say
> CDROM manually mounted
> NFS manually mounted
> local another NetBSD partition (MacOS label is OK, but should be 4.2BSD
> partition)
>
> HFS/+ partition may be accessible once you got NetBSD installed and with
> /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/hfsutils, but hfsutils is not yet consolidated to the
> installation environment, I am afraid.
>
> ---
> Makoto Fujiwara
> http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/

Hi,

Thank you very much for your input!  Somebody else already pointed me to an
How-To on sharing drives between MacOS and NetBSD (see
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#disk-sharing ).  It seems to
work!  I could extract the sets from an MS-Dos partition I created on my ide
disk.  Tomorrow I'm going to (try to) figure out how to reboot into NetBSD.

Thanks again!

Bert