Subject: NetBSD 1.5.1 install problem
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bert Saenen <Bert.Saenen@skynet.be>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/17/2001 21:26:56
Hi all,

First of all, this is the configuration I'm working with:

Beige G3 desktop (rev. A, OF 2.0f), 233Mhz, 128Mb ram, one internal 4Gb SCSI
hard disk and one internal 4Gb ide/ATA hard disk.  The SCSI hard disk is
dedicated to MacOS 9.1, it is also the MacOS boot disk.  The ide disk has a
2Gb HFS+ partition (this partition also contains the NetBSD distribution
sets), the rest of the disk is for use with NetBSD.  For installing I'm
booting from a floppy.

Now the problem:

When I try to extract the NetBSD distribution sets I have to tell sysinst
where they reside, so I choose "installation from an unmounted filesystem"
(i.e. the 2Gb hfs+ partition); device = wd0e; filesystem = hfs+; direcory =
/macppc/binary/sets.  Sysinst gives me the following reply:
"/macppc/binary/sets could not be mounted on local device wd0e".

Has anybody an idea what I did wrong or perhaps forgot to do?

Thanks,

Bert