Subject: ethernet on pb3400c?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: mike <michaels@geeked.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/14/2001 10:55:36
g'day,

any tricks to getting the onboard ethernet working on the powerbook 3400c?
i've tried the generic 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 kernels, tried compiling my own
1.5.1, etc...no luck.  anyone else get it working?  ifconfig'ing de0 works
fine with no errors, nothing complains when i set a default route, but i
can't ping the de0 ip address nor the loopback...i tried the tlp driver
once, but got 'filter setup and transmit abort'.

a side note on -current:

-current kernel locks up on my pb3400 right after the kernel loads and
before anything is 'booted'.  prior to rebooting with the new kernel, i
compiled and installed the -current libc.  from what i've read, i should
be able to boot the new kernel before making the rest of the system?

many thanks,
mike