Subject: Re: Can't boot install kernel (Wasabi 1.5 CD, G4 Tower)
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2001 23:26:34
On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

: Derek> I bought a canned 1.5 distribution from Wasabi.  I tried uncompressing
: Derek> macppc\installation\netbsd.ram.gz to the top level of my hard drive and then
: Derek> typing
:
: Derek> boot hd:,netbsd.tmp
:
: I don't know the CDROM from wasabi,

FYI, they work identically to the ones on ftp.netbsd.org, as I built both of
them using the same tools in src/distrib/cdrom.  8-)

: but the regular practice on CDROM image found at
:    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.5.1/macppccd.iso
: is that
: OF 3 or higher
:    boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf    netbsd.macppc

This is correct, and is documented in INSTALL.txt/INSTALL.html, and even the
special BOOTING.txt I prepared for the Wasabi multiplatform CDs.

Moral of the story:  Please read the docs for how to boot....

: I have tried to look at the inside at OF level, it shows

: but I was not able to find the file netbsd.macppc.

This is because it is hidden from the HFS side of the filesystem ... it is
present in the ISO-9660 side, which ofwboot.xcf loads.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5.2 available on CD-ROM soon!  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/