Subject: Re: ddb and USB keyboards....
To: Anton Gunnarsson <antgun@packetfront.com>
From: Bruno Clermont <pooh@gnome.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2001 11:24:37
On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 11:08, Anton Gunnarsson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:46:57AM -0400, Bruno Clermont wrote:
> > it's a know issue, look at
> >
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2001/02/22/0011.html
> >
> > you should remove DDB from your kernel.
> >
> > I wonder why you need -current, i have a G4-533mhz here, working fine,
> > except the nasty bug with USB when the root USB-hub is disconnected that
> > crash the kernel.
> >
> > I look at a G4-733 yesterday, and the hardware is the same, except the
> > CPU += 200mhz.
> >

> Bruno,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer,
>
> I tried the 1.5.1 iso image, but it crashed (can't remember the reason/message)
> so i tried the 20010801 snapshot, but it halted with cn_dev == NULL or something,
> probably failed to probe the console?
>
> but when i compiled a fresh kernel from the CVS it works fine ..
> except the gm-driver (for the 10/100/1000) .. it locks on a interrupt during
> 'high'-traffic (that is betweeen 5 and 10 Mbps ...)

could you send me the dmesg output of your NetBSD kernel, I wish to
compare it with my G4-533. Because, when i tried it i didn't run NetBSD,
only look at MacOSX.

this is also a know bug :)

look at

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2001/04/21/0002.html

for a well reported bug-report with patch included.
maybe the patch didn't apply to 1.5.2 or need some modifications, or
it's also already included.