Subject: Re: Can't boot install kernel (Wasabi 1.5 CD, G4 Tower)
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2001 06:24:49
Derek> I bought a canned 1.5 distribution from Wasabi.  I tried uncompressing
Derek> macppc\installation\netbsd.ram.gz to the top level of my hard drive and then
Derek> typing

Derek> boot hd:,netbsd.tmp

I don't know the CDROM from wasabi, but the regular practice on
CDROM image found at
   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.5.1/macppccd.iso
is that
OF 3 or higher
   boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf    netbsd.macppc
OF 1 or 2
   boot ata/atapi-disk@0:0 netbsd.macppc
   boot scsi-int/sd@3:0    netbsd.macppc

etc.
(You don't need to put any stuff on your hard drive.)

I have tried to look at the inside at OF level, it shows

0 > dir cd:\
NetBSD/macppc 1.5.1
  60542 11/29/ 0 12: 1:47  CHANGES
 254707 11/29/ 0 12: 2: 0  CHANGES.prev
   8192  7/18/ 1 11:10:14  Desktop%20DB
      0  7/18/ 1 11:10:14  Desktop%20DF
   1602  7/ 8/ 1 23: 3:45  LAST_MINUTE
   9873  7/ 6/ 1 20:21:54  MIRRORS
  55200  6/18/ 1 11:12:40  ofwboot.xcf
   1243  7/ 6/ 1 20:43:52  README.files
 ok

but I was not able to find the file netbsd.macppc.
(It should not be a problem anyway. It it there.)
---
(Makoto Fujiwara)
http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/