Subject: Re: ATI rage 128 video card
To: Samuel Rose <samuel.rose@voyager.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/31/2001 13:55:35
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Samuel Rose wrote:

> I am thinking of installing this video card in my PPC7500, (of 1.0.5).
> I'm still trying to figure out if of 1.0.5 will see it.

Idunno, but I suspect it will.  Someone else will have to answer that
question.

> Another
> question that I have is, does anyone know if any version of KDE is
> working with netbsd/macppc?

KDE 1.1.2, KDE 2.1, and Gnome have all been compiled as binary packages for
NetBSD 1.5.1.  I checked to make sure they all worked before uploading them.
pkg_install ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.5.1/macppc/All/kde-2.1.tgz

> I was guessing it would need emulation,
> and I didn't see thta the macppc port could emulate anything else
> presently.

-current supports pretty good linux emulation.

  -- MW