Subject: Re: can't boot
To: NetBSD/macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/28/2001 08:19:20
:)>If that is the correct disk, it could be that the firmware is trying to
:read
:)>the boot blocks off of the disk before the disk has spun up. When doing a
:)>cold boot do you get this message before you hear the disk spin up
:)>completely? There is a bit of forth code floating around somewhere that you
:)>can use to cause it to loop and wait for the disk to spin up before
:actually
:)>trying to boot.
:)
:)You mean this one?
:)setenv boot-command begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again
:)
:)> I'm not sure where it is though. Perhaps this is/should be an
:)>FAQ?
:)
:)I found it on a linuxppc page a long time ago.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/nvedit.html

It's been there for a long time, and is in a somewhat appropriate location
(i.e. along with how to edit nvram).

  -- MW