Subject: Re: Installation question?
To: None <sam@omatis.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/06/2001 07:48:51
At 2:07 PM +0000 8/6/01, Samuel Lellouche wrote:

:)Can we now, use the installer on the latest ppc snapshot or do we still
:)have to
:)do all the installation process by hand ?

Since 1.5.1 *all* models are supported by the installer.  Please read
INSTALL.html.  Since -current is after 1.5.1, this includes the snapshot.

The only exceptions are models that have hardware support issues (i.e.
early PowerMacintosh G3 (Blue and White), early iMac (Bondi Blue)).

I thought we went through this last month -- everyone should flush their
corrupted knowledge caches of the following topics:

1) installation by hand is no longer necessary

2) keyboard issues on PowerBook (FireWire), PowerBook G4 (Titanium), and all
   iBooks are resolved mostly in 1.5.1, and completely in -current

3) ofwboot.xcf should be used on all models -- ofwboot.elf provides nothing
   additional, only confusion.

4) BootROM 4.1.8 on PowerBook (FireWire) and PowerBook G4 (Titanium) is
resolved
   in -current

  -- MW