Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?some=20help=20with=20a...=20shellscript=3F=BF?=
From: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/01/2001 19:21:21
hi guys,

i am pretty much what you guys call a newbie, but i am reading the list a
lot and i have got hxd to run on NetBSD [except that the user info is
f**'d up, but that's not too bad].
hxd has a find script built in as it seems but it doesnt work for me:

#!/bin/bash
if [ $# != 0 ]; then
  x=$1; shift; for i in $@; do x="$x $i"; done
  exec /usr/bin/find $ROOTDIR -follow -name "$x" -printf "\r%P"
else
  exec /usr/bin/find $ROOTDIR -follow -printf "\r%P"
fi

am i correct that this is for the bash shell? bash isnt installed per
default [at least i couldnt find it] so i was wondering if anyone here is
up for the task of making this a script for tcsh [which is the login
shell for the user i use to start the server]. i have some symbolic links
in the files tree of hxd, so here is my working find command:

find -h -s /usr/hxd/files -name "xxx" -print

help will be greatly appreciated  :)

Jojo