Subject: Re: How to use /dev/openfirm?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/29/2001 12:17:17
At 2:53 PM -0400 7/29/01, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

:)On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 05:57:24PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
:)> I'm looking for documentation on this.  Er, actually, I'm even trying to
:)> figure out its major/minor numbers.
:)
:)Can't help with the former, but maybe this'll help with the latter:
:)
:)cygnus:~% grep openfirm /dev/MAKEDEV
:)#       openfirm OpenFirmware queries
:)        sh $0 tun0 tun1 ipl usbs ttyCZ0 ttyCY0 audio openfirm
:)openfirm)
:)        rm -f openfirm
:)        mknod openfirm c 53 0
:)        chown root.wheel openfirm
:)        chmod 444 openfirm
:)
:)(If you end up finding documentation or working out the details
:)yourself, writing something up for the mail archives and, ideally,
:)the FAQ would rock.)

Maybe the FAQ if I had some idea of what one does with the openfirm device.
What is it good for?  Can one query/change settings like the sparc's nvram
command?

  -- MW