Subject: ifconfig and zip drive
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 23:10:14
Two hopefully simple question.

How do I make my network card use Full Duplex as opposed to simplex. I
figured out how to set the cards media options to full duplex. I
assume there is a way as the flags fields displays SIMPLEX.

bash-2.04# ifconfig -mL de0 inet
de0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        address: 00:00:c5:53:3b:dd
        media: Ethernet 100baseTX full-duplex
        status: active
        supported Ethernet media:
                media 10baseT
                media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex
                media 100baseTX
                media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
                media autoselect

Of MacOS, PC, and NetBSD native formats which types of ZIP drive
format can I read, write, and create? and How? and do I need to
install additional software?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com