Subject: Re: pcmcia/cardbus support
To: 'port-macppc@netbsd.org' <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Frost <daboy@xgs.dyn.dhs.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 19:21:38
I don't know about bsd, but linux the serial driver can use DTR/CTS flow
control instead of the usual RTS/CTS. This is usefull only when using the
serial port in rs-232 mode (that's what pcs and most modems use). When
doing a mac<->mac connection rs-232 isn't used. I don't recall the name of
the serial protocall mac uses, but I do know it uses twisted pair and is much,
much faster.

Just a tidbit of info...
Phil Frost