Subject: Re: pcmcia/cardbus support
To: mw@blobulent.com, Greg Kritsch <greg@evertz.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 15:57:15
At 9:21 AM -0700 7/26/01, Michael Wolfson wrote:
>At 12:00 PM -0400 7/26/01, Greg Kritsch wrote:
>:)How about the internal modems on the G4 PowerMacs?  I have an (AGP graphics)
>:)and a (digital audio), and I'd love to be able to use the modems.  Does
>:)anyone have any idea what the problem is even?
>
>Got me.  Anyone else?

Bill Studenmund reported once ages and ages ago that he could access
the serial port used by the modem inside OF.  Someone sells an
adapter that replaces the modem card with a mini-DIN-8 Mac serial
connector.

More recent scuttlebut on this list is that serial ports don't work
right on macppc.  I believe the problem is how the handshaking/status
lines are handled rather than "ordinary" data transfer.

Cross my heart, strike me dead, stick a lobster on my head.
John Crichton -- Farscape, 6/15/01