Subject: Re: 1.5.1 iso images now available
To: Hayden, Bill <BHayden@Exchange.WebMD.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 08:43:49
At 10:51 AM -0400 7/26/01, Hayden, Bill wrote:

:)In case anyone hasn't noticed, the 1.5.1 iso's are now available:
:)
:)ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.5.1

Yup, they boot my OF 1.0.5 PowerMac 7300, *and* my OF 3 PowerBook (even
though the kernel on that disk doesn't support my upgraded 4.1.8 BootROM).

Amazing!  Good work Todd.

BTW, I've updated the FAQ CD-R entry with examples of how to boot the CD,
since MacOS and the Open Firmware 'dir' command can't see the ISO portion
of the disk (so you can't just figure out what the kernel is called).

Todd, for the next release, could you put a little how to boot README
and/or the INSTALL.* files in the HFS partition?

Thanks,
  -- MW