Subject: Re: 2 HD with a powermac 4400/160
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <samuel.rose@voyager.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 06:47:53

> Of course I could put the second IDE in place of the CD drive, but
I'd
> like to keep the CD drive around. If I place the CD drive as slave,
I can't
> boot from it (not even a macos CD) and it's not seen by MacOS.
> Also note that my second IDE disk, as slave, isn't seen by the MacOS
disk
> tool.

I had this trouble before. You might want to check the website of the
hard drive manufacturer to make sure that you have all of the jumpers
right.

> Any idea of what else I could try ?
> Another possibility would be to put an external SCSI drive for MacOS
on the
> mesh controller. Has anyone tried booting this system from a SCSI
drive ?

I was curious about this, too. I want to put debian on the internal
scsi drive of my PM 7500, and Net BSD on a larger external SCSI drive.
I am going to try it later this week, as soon as I find out whther the
external drive is any good,or if I fried it in another experiment.

Samuel Rose