Subject: Suggestions? Possible driver conflict.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Schmid <robert_schmid@fourthgen.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/24/2001 12:41:28
OK, what is the proper course of action in this situation?

1) mv ipconfig.de0 ipconfig.tlp0 ?
2) cp ipconfig.de0 ipconfig.tlp0 ?
3) remove tlp support in the kernel config and rebuild ?

>Robert> I have compiled and installed netbsd-current (1.5W) on a mac
>4400/200.
>Robert> (Upgrade from 1.5.1) It boots but all network access is gone.  Has
>anyone
>Robert> else experienced this?  Is there a new configuration step?
>
>What is your NIC card ?
>What will be shown if you type
>dmesg | egrep '^tlp|^de|^ne'
>?
>
>Recent kernel starts using tlp* instead of de* or some.
>Is yours that type of problem ?
>
>I had 4400/200 also now, but I had no time to run NetBSD on it yet.

Here is my dmesg under 1.5.1

tlp0: interrupting at irq 25
tlp0: Ethernet address 00:a0:40:60:15:6e
tlp0: 10baseT, 10base2, 10base5
de0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0
de0: interrupting at irq 25
de0: 21041 [10Mb/s] pass 2.1
de0: address 00:a0:40:60:15:6e
de0: enabling 10baseT port
de0: enabling 10baseT port

Do I need to define a tlp0 before running the new kernel?