Subject: pcmcia/cardbus support
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/22/2001 18:18:37
OK, so I finally got my PowerBook (FireWire) up and running again with
today's kernel and the 1.12 wdc_obio.c that Markus suggested.

Of the 5 pcmcia/cardbus devices I've got, only one seems to work.  I'd
like to get some help here to get the rest of them working.  AFAICT, only
one is due to my ignorance.  All work under MacOS < X.

elCheapo NE2000-based ethernet		works fine
USRobotics Megahertz 28.8 modem		shows up as com0, I but can't find tty
Adaptec PowerDomain 1480 UltraSCSI	doesn't work
SanDisk 8 MB flash card			doesn't work
MrFlash 128 MB flash card		doesn't work

So, when I insert the modem, it is recognized as com0, but I have no way
of knowing which /dev/tty??? to use for it.  Any suggestions (and why
can't the attachment procedure announce which tty it's using)?

(manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Adaptec APA-1480 Ultra (SCSI mass storage,
revision 0x03) at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0 not configured

SunDisk, SDP, 5/3 0.6 (manufacturer 0x0045, product 0x0401) at pcmcia0,
function 0 not configured

128MB,  (manufacturer 0x0045, product 0x0401) at pcmcia0,  function 0 not
configured

Any suggestions, particularly about the Adaptec card, especially since
it's listed as supported on wintel machines, and I'd like to do a tape
backup.

Thanks,
  -- MW