Subject: Any way to downgrade you firmware?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hans_H=FCbner?= <hans@Huebner.ORG>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/21/2001 14:21:49
Hello there,

I have recently inherited a G3 PowerBook which I'd like to use with
NetBSD.  As it appears, the firmware has been upgraded to 4.1.8, so I am
experiencing the documented problems (NetBSD does not boot).  Is there any way
to downgrade the Firmware to a supported version?  On the Net, I could only
find the 4.1.8 upgrades, older versions do not seem to be easily available.

Any help or hint how I can get NetBSD to run would be greatly appreciated,
since MacOS X, albeit pretty, is just too slow to be useful for me.

Thanks,
Hans

--
                                       finger hans@huebner.org for details