Subject: Re: Tell me again why we want floppy images?
To: caportel <caportel@terra.com.br>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2001 10:01:49
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, caportel wrote:

: > You have to try it twice. There's a big in the OFW driver and the floppy
: > always fails the first time.

: I tried several times - even restarting OF to cleaning things - and got an
: error. The boot.fs image seems to be the only way to boot the installer on
: this machine (I always do it twice), since I've never got a working boot
: directly from the CD.

By "the" CD, are you referring to the macppccd.iso on ftp.netbsd.org?  This
is important, as most other third-party-generated ISOs don't boot on all
versions of OFW.

To my knowledge, the macppccd.iso for 1.5 (and hence, also the one for
1.5.1) on ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/iso/ should boot just fine on OFW 1, 2,
2.4, and 3.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/