Subject: Re: pppd on wallstreet?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Donald Lee <donlee@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2001 09:01:34
I don't think you'll get far, although I have not tried this on 1.5.1
yet.

I have yet to hear anyone say that he has serial working on MacPPC
for anything besides a console. (besides me)

I've done it, but I had to patch the kernel (in extintr.c) pppd (I
forget where) and use a third party serial card (Cyclades Y) for
which I had to patch the driver (lost interrupts).

I run 4 dial-up serial ports.  With these patches, it works great.

I need to dig into the on-board serial driver and see if I can figure
out what's wrong.....

-dgl-