Subject: Re: Tell me again why we want floppy images?
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/18/2001 15:06:22
At 4:51 PM -0400 7/18/01, Michael Wolfson wrote:
>Apparently, just as how kernels on HFS work now, it works with kernels on
>MS-DOS.
>
>But, yes, the "floppies are unsupported" does imply that NetBSD/macppc
>can't write to an MS-DOS formatted floppy.

I think what happened is that some library was linked in so that we
could have gzipped kernels, and kernels on a multitude of filesystem
types.  I think it all came as some kind of package, perhaps even
including some potential support for multiple-floppy boot images.  It
wasn't a feature that was added in isolation.

Someone else (Bill Studenmund?) can say better than I.

Cross my heart, strike me dead, stick a lobster on my head.
John Crichton -- Farscape, 6/15/01