Subject: Uh oh, Please Help! (Was Re: pismo aka PowerBook (FireWire) and
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/12/2001 21:36:10
Well, it didn't work.

I did the update to the 4.1.8 BootROM, and my PowerBook (FireWire) no
longer boots NetBSD 1.5.1 (final, non-BETA).  You guys gotta help me, since
I can't easily work on the documentation without this machine.

Symptoms:
ofwboot.xcf loads fine, clears screen, and the big wscons font prints:
Console keyboard type: ADB
[ preserving 197092 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]

Then it hangs.

The exact same hardware booted the exact same kernel 15 minutes ago.

What can I do?

  -- MW