Subject: success on performa and an ipnat ?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: JHS <jeff@omnia.praeclara.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2001 17:17:10
First, let me say that you guys have done a fantastic job with this
latest release!  I am simply thrilled to have NetBSD running on my
headless
Performa 6360.  I tried the same thing with 1.4.2, and it kept crashing
the old machine.  But I've been abusing the Performa for three straight
days
and not so much as a hiccup!  Woohoo!  And the install was considerably
easier after the revamping of the website.

My ipnat question is pretty straightforward.  I know that you're not
_supposed_ to do this, but I want to anyway.  How does one (or can one)
use a box with only 1 NIC (and one static IP) to accomplish network
address
and port forwarding on NetBSD?  I've searched high and low, and I've read
all the docs I could find (there's a _lot_).  But they all explain the
ipnat procedure with 2 NICs.

Anyone want to point me to a how-to or doc?  Or just tell me?  I'm pretty
sure it's an easy task, as I was able to do it with one or two commands
on OS X
and LinuxPPC.

My setup is simply the Performa with the connection to the outside world.
And then 2 computers behind the Performa (I want these to be 192.168.*.*)
I want the Performa (obviously) to do the address and port translating
for the other
2 machines.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff