Subject: Re: Random hangs with Xmacppc?
To: Dan Winship <danw@ximian.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2001 15:33:42
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:55:34PM +0500, Dan Winship wrote:
> I assumed it had to do with how big the kernel was actually, since I
> know there have been other bugs where large kernels overwrote OF data or
> something.

Um. Perhaps. I'm using something we at least think is a reasonable
real-base setting on this machine...

> Oh, I remember now. You have a ddb prompt. You just can't see it or type
> into it, because X is running.

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case.

> Presumably if you boot off a serial console you could do it that
> way. (I hacked the ddb entry points to switch back to console mode.)
> But then you'll find that the stack is useless because of the OF
> vs kernel stack situation.

I'll give the serial console route a shot.

Do you have diffs for you ddb-switch-to-console hacks, though?

They might be handy to have around as a kernel option for macppc
until we get wscons whipped into better shape.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net