Subject: Re: Booting firewire external hard drives
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2001 12:54:10
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 12:02:29AM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> That's why I haven't put it in any of the docs yet.  No one has reported to
> this mailing list that they can boot/use Firewire disks.  In fact, I
> haven't heard any reports of success booting or using USB disks.  Anyone?

I certainly have access to neither.

I have a feeling that few people who've got these things are using
anything but the MacOS of some variety on those systems. (Though
we've definitely got people using New World machines, the majority
of macppc's installed base would at least seem to be machines that
have been phased out as desktop MacOS machines.)

It may be worth saying something to the effect of "We don't know.
We'd love to hear about it if you try. Or, if you want to see
support, you could always lend or donate some hardware for
development."

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net