Subject: Re: Random hangs with Xmacppc?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2001 21:40:23
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 05:38:29PM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> I recall a comment on this list that there was a bug in the colormap
> code in OF 1.0.5 which would trash X after a while if you actually
> used it.

Huh.

But this is a PowerMac 6500. It has OpenFirmware 2.0f1.

Based on the nature of the crashes (when trying to create a new X
window... not every new window, of course, but it's never something
other than that), I suspect bad memory in the graphics hardware. The
next time I go up to the Wasabi offices, I'm taking a spare
motherboard with me and swapping it out to see if that clears things
up.

(Unless anyone else has comments about X freezes, of course.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net