Subject: RE: ofwboot.elf
To: 'Todd Vierling' <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hayden, Bill <BHayden@Exchange.WebMD.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2001 09:45:06
> (Of course, the long term solution is to switch to a booter
> like BootX that
> can boot on everything and bypass the need to go to OFW and type in
> commands.)

Just for the record, which BootX are you talking about?  There has been
preliminary work to get Apple's BootX booting NetBSD, which has currently
reached a sticking point due to the fact that NetBSD continues to use the OF
console after boot.  There are 3 courses of action toward completing the
project, all of them ugly and/or hard.  I can provide more detailed info if
you are interested.

You may also have been talking about the LinuxPPC BootX (but I hope not).

Bill Hayden