Subject: Re: DiskCopy to make NetBSD Disks
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/09/2001 00:11:00
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 07:20:30PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Can anyone on this list prove me wrong (i.e. can you use Disk Copy on MacOS
> before 9.0)?

I think that this is correct.

I was misremembering from which of a set of three computers I wrote
the floppy image. (They're all the same, except for the OS, which is
8.x on only one and 9 on the others.) In retrospect, I did use one
of the MacOS 9 computers to write the floppy.

So MacOS 9 learned about disk image types other than Apple as of 9?
Is this perhaps in an extension that could be used in earlier
versions of MacOS? (Probably has something to do with dealing with
MacOS 9 and X on the same machine?)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net