Subject: Re: from the I don't know why I bothered department
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/04/2001 20:46:59
At 5:20 PM -0400 6/8/01, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

:)I was sure under the impression that all OF macs called kept the
:)serial devices at tty{a,b}.
:)
:)Is this untrue for some weirdo (PowerComputing, maybe?) models?

For pre-OF 3 machines, ttya is modem, ttyb is printer.  For Apple Network
Servers, "Port 2" is ttya, "Port 1" is ttyb.  For OF 3 machines, scca is
the serial port (57600 bps 8N1).

I just added that info to the supported hardware part of the INSTALL notes
(along with a note about some internal modems covering the modem serial
port).

:)The note about having to free up the modem port is definitely
:)important.

Yeah, I just emphasised that a little more in the INSTALL docs.

  -- MW