Subject: 1.5.1_BETA2 on iBook2
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Edouard G. Parmelan <egp@free.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/03/2001 19:53:06
Hi,

I finaly receive my iBook2.  I re-read docs but I was unable to
boot into 1.5.1_BETA2 CD-ROM.

I have follow Makoto Fujiwara and FAQ instructions without success.

    Apple PowerBook4,1 4.2.0f4 BootROM built on 04/10/01 at 13:40:51

    0 > dev /openprom .properties
    name		openprom
    device_model	BootROM
    model		OpenFirmware 3
    relative-addressing
    supports-bootinfo
    boot-syntax	00000001

    0 > boot cd:ofwboot.xcf -a
    Boot: cd:macppc/installation/netbsd.ram.gz
    open cd:macppc/installation/netbsd.ram.gz: can't read disk label
    open cd:macppc:m/installation/netbsd.ram.gz: can't read disk label

    Boot: cd:installation/netbsd.ram.gz
    open cd:installation/netbsd.ram.gz: Device not configured
    open cd:installation:i/netbsd.ram.gz: Device not configured

Any hints ?
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr