Subject: Re: Performa 6400 Open Firmware Problem (i thnk)
To: Mark Arseneau <mark_arseneau@hotmail.com>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/03/2001 21:53:33
Mark Arseneau> everything onto the hard drive I've run into a peculiar problem.

I had the very much similar problem with my StarMax 3000/180
(Motorola 603e + Open Firmware 2.02 machine).

Chimes, drive spins, no PRAM reset, nothing appears either ttya ttyb
nor screen. The same.

The machine is back running now. I am not totally sure how to get
back, but,

Make sure connector/cable of all the drives are fit firmly.
Leave the battery and AC power line unconnected overnight.
Do not set real-base address other than default or F00000.
The battery is irrevalent. It works with and without battery.

That box once even could not powered up. But it is up now.
I don't know exactly the reason of die and reason of alive
again.
---
Makoto Fujiwara
http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/