Subject: Performa 6400 Open Firmware Problem (i thnk)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Arseneau <mark_arseneau@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/03/2001 00:09:08
Hello all,

I've recently installed NetBSD on a Performa 180/72mbRAM. After installing
everything onto the hard drive I've run into a peculiar problem.

I'm unable to boot the computer at all, even into open firmware using ttya
or ttyb. I get a black screen and the LED on the front of the tower no
longer lights up. I do get a startup chime and all the drives spin up fine,
or seem to. The monitor is good, it works with another machine.

I'm unable to reset the PRAM through the keyboard (apple-option-p-r) or by
unhooking the clock battery overnight.

I've never run into anything quite like this before.

If anybody has any ideas, hints, suggestions, or even some new places I can
go look for more answers myself it would be much appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

Mark