Subject: Re: Anyone want a 1.5.1 snapshot?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/2001 22:56:36
>At 11:53 AM 6/29/2001 -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

>It's been built and uploaded for almost a week now..

No offense, but in light of the latest update on 1.5.1 on www.netbsd.org,
why isn't it accessible now, given that you say it has been ready for a
week, and given that www.netbsd.org now says that some architectures "may"
be available sooner than others? Is there some kind of politics going on
behind the scene?

Perhaps NetBSD should use the same policy as OpenLDAP, and just not publish
any release dates. I don't think I'm the only one who has postponed things
because "I might just as well wait until 1.5.1 is released RSN", only to
see a month pass by.

It is certainly OK to delay if something isn't ready, but I see no point in
delaying the release of something that is frozen. I'd sincerely appreciate
if someone could explain the reasoning behind this to me.

Thanks!

-Lasse