Subject: Re: FWB JackHammer PCI UltraSCSI interface
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/29/2001 07:58:32
I was confused by Erik's earlier mail- I thought he'd said "NVRAM
error"- this is accessed via u_int16_t, but needs to be swizzled
anyway.

"Ram Checksum Failure" is what happens after you download new firmware
into the QLogic SRAM. There are usually only three possible reasons for
this kind of failure: you've set up the SRAM wrong (which I've never
actually seen), or the SRAM is bad, or in the case of some very old
QLogic 2100s you try and load f/w larger than > 0x8000 words (QLogic
PROM bug).

-matt