Subject: X,wscons & keyboard..
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/27/2001 21:07:59
First the good news: I finally have current "running" on a PowerMacintosh
5500/225. There are three odd things left:
- the screen is very dark (not so under MacOS, and the brightness is up to
  full)
    ofb0 at pci0 dev 18 function 0: ATI Technologies Mach64 GT
    ofb0: 832 x 624, 8bpp
    wsdisplay0 at ofb0
- input is accepted from the keyboard when running X :) (Yes, it "just
  worked"), but not under wscons/getty.
    akbd0 at adb0 addr 2: extended keyboard (ISO layout)
    wskbd0 at akbd0
- Has anyone got a Kingston KNE40BT ethernet card working properly? (It has
  a digital 21041-PB chip in it and gets a throughput of 0.25kB/s due to
  receive ring overruns.. If one of you has one and doesn't have network
  problems with it, I'd like to know as I can then blame the card)
    tlp0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: DECchip 21041 Ethernet, pass 2.1

Any hints or tips?

Cheers,

Patrick