Subject: Booting from net + CD/disk
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2001 23:33:08
I have been trying to find a combination that will boot my Beige
G3 w/ OF 2.4.

I have set up netboot far enough that I can load ofwboot.xcf, but I don't
want to actually netboot, I just want to get the kernel from the SCSI
or IDE disk.  I have tried various combinations of netboot syntax:

boot enet -a
boot enet enet: -a
boot enet: -a

etc.  It never gets to asking me where the kernel is, or where / is.
After claiming to load the data, text and bss sections, and then "clearing"
them, it dies with a CLAIM Failed.

I've also tried several settings of real-base and load-base.

I want it to get ofwboot.xcf from the net, and then load the kernel
(and set root partition) to the local disk.

Can this be done?  The "-a" seems to be ignored.

-dgl-