Subject: Unix on nubus...let me at it!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Frost <daboy@xgs.dyn.dhs.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2001 18:37:12
Hi :)

I imagine you haven't had many people mention this (after all, who has a
computer this old?) but hey, I'd like to get some flavor of unix on my
powerbook 1400 (must...have...command...line...). I just recently aquired
this mac and I really know nothing about it, or macs at all in that case,
but I'm an experienced x86 low-low level programmer addicted to command
lines :)

Right now I'm digging around on the net for details on the boot process,
etc., so if you have any information that may be helpfull, please send.
I have read that mkLinux will run on a PB1400, but I have not yet tried it
because it's based on Red#@$ (YUCK!) and doesn't have PCMCIA support.
With a little code borrowing and some forcing tools, I just might be able
to do something.

Awaiting your command,
Phil Frost