Subject: Contradiction?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tristan Petersen <skypie@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/22/2001 21:51:13
Hello,

I read this:

"HFS or HFS+ file system (Open Firmware 2.4, Open Firmware 3)

Whilst you can load ofwboot.xcf from an HFS or HFS+ partition, you will
not be able to load the kernel from HFS or HFS+ filesystems. This will be
resolved in a future release of NetBSD/macppc"

then, a few bits downstream, I read this:

"Boot off an HFS or HFS+ partition (Open Firmware 3)

Download the install kernel installation/netbsd.ram.gz and place it at
the top level of any partition. Use a MacOS utility such as Stuffit
Expander to uncompress the kernel. Get to the Open Firmware prompt. Boot
the kernel directly (i.e. without the use of a bootloader) and use it to
install NetBSD on your hard drive."

Could someone resolve the splinters in my mind at this point?

Thanks,
Tristan