Subject: Re: AWACS output redirection ?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel Hornus\[Isobel\] <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/18/2001 06:52:15
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Samuel Hornus[Isobel] wrote:

> G4 400Mhz, very first generation (sawtooth, ATI128) sound get to the
> external speaker through the analog headphone minijack.
>
> trying
> 	mixerctl -w monitor.output=headphones
>
> simply shut-down the sound.
>
> I have recompiled a kernel with a modified awacs.c that enforces
> external outputs to be enabled (at least not enabled) but it doesn't do
> anything (well... I don't mean I have understood the whole awacs.c so I
> may have done some wrong coding ! : I simply switch to commands in
> awacs_attach())
>
> (another little question that should be for the netbsd-help list :
>  CD playback works, but simply do not outputs any signal, neither through
> the internal speakerm nor through the external one (via headphone
> jack)... what is the buzz ??)

Well, is anyone currently working on the problem ?
if not : can someone direct me towards some documentation for awacs chip ?
(Tsubai ?). Perhaps it is not a awacs-related problem ? but rather
related to post-awacs chip (because the docs I have read seem to indicate
that the chip in my G4 is MORE than an awacs and MAY BE a bit different
in some points)

--
Samuel [can't stop listening to music, and listening mp3s through the
insternal speaker is very painful :-((]