Subject: Re: DiskCopy to make NetBSD Disks
To: Denis Ahrens <denis@berlin.ccc.de>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/11/2001 19:49:16
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:35:42AM +0200, Denis Ahrens wrote:
> It is really possible to create a raw image with the standard
> Apple Disk Copy Tool! It is not neccesary to use dd,
> rawwrite.exe or suntar.
>
> Please can someone prove this to be correct. It seems that
> nobody wants to believe me.

Uh, that's because you're wrong.

The boot.fs is *not* written in a format that Disk Copy understands.
A while back, I made some Disk Copy images of a floppy on which
boot.fs had been written (using dd on a Unix machine). They should
still be around http://eclipsed.net/netbsd/.

But you really can't use Disk Copy directly without a disk image it
knows how to grok.

Of course, including Disk Copy images of floppies written with the
current boot.fs would be nice when we do the 1.5.1 release. I can do
the leg work if someone will see that it gets put on the ftp site.

(I can also maybe arrange for it to be on Wasabi's 1.5.1 cd, but
I'll have to email Perry.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net