Subject: Re: Way Off Topic: Patching Running Code
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/11/2001 09:40:45
At 10:48 PM -0400 6/10/01, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>other hand, I'd guess NASA can probably afford a test version of
>their space craft... I do hope you'll try this there before borking
>the one out yonder. ;^>

Yes, we have two testbeds with at least a partial complement of
flight spare and engineering model hardware.  Of course I'll test the
solution before flying it.  There's no way NASA HQ would let the Lab
Director let the Project Manager let me get close to sending anything
to the spacecraft without some appropriate tests.  I suppose doing it
on the last day before we turn out the lights would help some though.
;-)  I'm just looking for gotcha's before I propose a getting the
team organized to develop the code, operations procedures and the
ground support.

>You might get a better audience from port-powerpc, btw.

I should have thought of that.  OTOH there's a lot less traffic on
that list.  Don't think I'll repost though since it's so far
off-topic.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.