Subject: Help with terminal
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Novak <mnovak@wpcnet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2001 17:18:25
Hi folks,

Sorry for what is probably a very newbie question.

I am trying to install netbsd (from ftp.netbsd.org) on a Macintosh 9500/132.

Naturally the monitor is completely black, so I read the FAQs and tried
some things and figured that I could just use an old VT510 that I have
laying around here to figure out what I need to put in the output box of
the OFW.

I bought a mac "serial" cable, 8 pin on the Mac side and "normal" 25 pin on
the other side and connected it between my Mac and my VT510.  I set up the
VT as described the FAQ.

I am still not getting anything.  Will a VT not work in this case, or do I
need a different type of terminal?

Thanks,

Mark