Subject: Re: "Virtual Terminal"
To: samuel rose <samuel.rose@voyager.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/03/2001 10:53:07
> once I have either gnome, or the KDesktop configured and working correctly,

hehe, "working correctly"; still have to see that happen for one of those ;-)

> if I click on "Konsole" or "terminal" or some other command line
> terminal program in the X11 GUI that it will not work the same way
> that it would under, say, debian linux?

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Why should some X11 program (that
is in no way related to the kernel, so excluding some of the performance/
{network,cpu}load/whatever applets, behave differently?

You will probably get a different default configuration of the desktop and
app-defaults; and you might even see different errors (in the app) exposed,
but basically the answer is: no. They should behave the same.

As soon as the terminal program runs, you will get a shell from the system
it runs on, so you will discover command line differences (the same ones you
would discover when using either system without X + desktop).

Martin