Subject: Re: Brooktree support
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@del.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/30/2001 23:23:44
    On a related note, the ATI XClaim VR (64) Rage Pro based board has a
Brooktree Bt829BKRF chip on it for video input and another chip for video
output that I didn't catch. Perhaps a BSDer/Linux/Un*x user with developer
access on ATI's web site could dig up the specifics for the ATI cards.
    Brooktree (now Connexant) probably has docs available on their site to
write a basic driver.
    I don't know what any of the Miro boards use for digitizing, a friend of
mine has a DC-20, I could ask him to see if he can find a label on the chip,
but juding by the price of their cards, it's not something that you're going
to find docs on. There's also the Auro Fuse and Ignitor capture cards, but I
don't know anything about them either.

    Chris