Subject: Booting Powerbook 3400c from CD
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Pedro Alves <alves@pobox.igr.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/29/2001 15:20:13
Dear friends
I'm trying to install NetBSD on my 3400c.
I made an Bootable CD from an ISO image and burn it on CD ISO9660.
When I try to boot and install the software on Open Firmware I do the
following:

0>boot atapi:1,OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.RAM -s

that results on

0>boot atapi:1,OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.RAM -s bad partition number, using 0

>>NetBSD/macppc Open Firmware Boot, Revison 1.2
>>(matt@duel.local, Thu Nov 16 17:26:57 PST 2000)

open NETBSD.RAM: no such file or directory
open atapi/NETBSD.RAM: no such file or directory
Boot:

What I do now? I don' have any idea how to overcome this.
Clearly I have access to the internal CD-ROM.
How I indicate the localization of the NETBSD.RAM?

Thank you for every advice

Pedro
--
________ end of e-mail __________