Subject: Serial Port
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Angus Davis <adavis2@rochester.rr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/28/2001 10:30:47
Good morning,

    I've been trying to get a modem attached to a serial port to work for
a little while, and I haven't come to any conclusions except that I'm
very good at scratching my head.  Here's what's happening, When i use
either cu, or minicom I can send commands to the modem, and it will
happily do those commands, however, i don't get anything back from the
modem  (No echo or OK).  The modem is on tty01.  The console is on a
Video Card with kbd as input, I have checked my /etc/ttys and getty is
disabled on that port.  I have not added any serial port configuration
(I.E no stty -f /dev/tty01 etc).  I am thinking that i need to do
something with stty, but i can't figure out what. My machine is a Umax
C600 (Performa 6400 clone). The modem is an external Global Village
33.6.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Angus Davis
adavis2k@mac.com