Subject: Re: NetBSD1.5 macppc iso image
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jerome Lamarque <jlamarque1@cybercable.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/27/2001 02:04:49
hello everyone,

>On Fri, 25 May 2001, Bob Nestor wrote:
>
>>  >Using fetch 3.0.3 should I retrieve the image as binary or text?
>>  Binary, not to be confused with MacBinary.
>
>	Made the mistake of downloading the MkLinux distro in text mode,
>never shall I do that again, I keep telling myself anyway.

Thanks. Anyway, it takes only 6 min on ADSL to retrieve the whole
macppc image ;-)

>  > >With Adaptec Toast 4.1 Deluxe, should burn the image as iso 9660
>>  >level 1, iso 9660 with joliet extensions, iso 9660 with dos
>>  >extensions or iso 9660 with macintosh names?
>
>	You're not creating a disk image, it's allready been made, hence
>the .iso extension.
>
>>  It's an image of a disk.  You won't have the option to select Joliet or
>>  Mac names.  That's only avaiable in Toast when you master the CD
>>  yourself; an ISO or CD image is already mastered and just needs to be
>>  burned to the blank media.
>
>	I believe the answer you're looking for (stated a different way
>then above) is to select the "Disk Image" option in toast, and point it to
>the .iso file. BUT _do not_ attempt to mount the disk image. I have heard
>that if you try, Toast will alter the disk images unrecognized format and
>make it a useless multi-megabyte file. Then just burn the disc...I
>think...

This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I just didn't make
myself clear in the first place ;-)

Now, this was to install netbsd on a 3400c/200 but it gives me the
default catch error under OF. so I'll install it first on one of my
SE/30 then I'll use it as a console for the 3400. Will a serial cable
do?

Thanks again.
--
Jerome "globule" Lamarque  sf-info@egroups.fr co-administrator and one of