Subject: Re: NetBSD1.5 macppc iso image
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/2001 02:16:13
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Bob Nestor wrote:

> >Using fetch 3.0.3 should I retrieve the image as binary or text?
> Binary, not to be confused with MacBinary.

	Made the mistake of downloading the MkLinux distro in text mode,
never shall I do that again, I keep telling myself anyway.

> >With Adaptec Toast 4.1 Deluxe, should burn the image as iso 9660
> >level 1, iso 9660 with joliet extensions, iso 9660 with dos
> >extensions or iso 9660 with macintosh names?

	You're not creating a disk image, it's allready been made, hence
the .iso extension.

> It's an image of a disk.  You won't have the option to select Joliet or
> Mac names.  That's only avaiable in Toast when you master the CD
> yourself; an ISO or CD image is already mastered and just needs to be
> burned to the blank media.

	I believe the answer you're looking for (stated a different way
then above) is to select the "Disk Image" option in toast, and point it to
the .iso file. BUT _do not_ attempt to mount the disk image. I have heard
that if you try, Toast will alter the disk images unrecognized format and
make it a useless multi-megabyte file. Then just burn the disc...I
think...

	Chris