Subject: Documentation correction
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/23/2001 21:06:06
The various bits of open firmware documentation on netbsd.org suggest that
for OF 1.05 systems, it is not possible to add the "wBoot" routine to the
nvramrc after applying apple's "System Disk" patches + the via-cuda patch
because of size restrictions.

This is true.

However, it suggests that the workaround -- putting the forth code itself
in boot-command -- will only work on OF 2.0 or greater (see
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/nvedit.html).

On my PM 7300, the following appears to have worked just fine:

 0 > setenv boot-command begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again

So I can have the via-cuda patch and still deal with a disk that takes a
little time to spin up after power-on.

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars@larsshack.org>